“Gracias” in Spanish means, “Thank you.” The Gracias Choir sings songs of thankfulness for the love it has received in its heart.
The Choir’s music has the power to change sadness to joy, deeply moving the hearts of every listener. The Gracias Choir was formed in the year 2000, and each year it is changing and reaching new heights through new challenges and development.
The Praises that We Could Not Hear
“Apostle Paul praised in the Philippians Jail. The woman caught in adultery was thankful because Jesus spared her from death. The man with an infirmity for 38 years and the lame man who was cured at the Beautiful Gate praised the Lord with joy. Unfortunately, we were not there to hear the sound of their praises to the Lord. But we can hear the sound of their praises today through the Gracias Choir.
Gracias Choir – each member received the forgiveness of sin through the grace of God and was saved from destruction. And with gratitude, each of them cherish this salvation in their hearts, just like the woman caught in adultery or the lame man who was healed. We see the work of God in the Bible, but cannot hear their praises. Therefore, God gave these unheard praises to Gracias Choir for us to hear.
Today, there are many choirs that sing praises, but there aren’t many who appreciate the grace of God from their hearts like the Gracias. God is allowing us to hear the praises that the servants of God have heard before us. For that, I’m very thankful.”
– Excerpt from Pastor Ock Soo Park’s sermon
Good News Gangnam Church, South Korea
Gracias Choir has experienced consistent growth in their level of technique and advancement in their musical value in recent years.
– The Grand Prize at the 2009 Jeju International Choir Competition
– The Grand Prize in Mixed Chorus, Silver Prize in Women’s Chorus, and Excellent Conductor’s Award at the 2010 Busan International Choir Competition
– Appreciation Plaque from New Orleans Local Council in 2011 and the Office of the Mayor of Delmar, Haiti in 2012 for their concerts in those cities
– Grand Prize, 13th Concorso Corale Internazionale Riva del Garda, 2014, Italy
– First Prize, Montreux Choral Festival 2014, Switzerland